[geeks] Hrm. Suspicious

Big Endian geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 11 16:48:58 CST 2001

>   In this country there exists a general feeling that dealing in cash
>is wrong or "shady" in some way.  While I generally don't consider
>myself to be a conspiracy theorist, I believe this idea has been
>propagated by our government because cash is much more difficult for
>them to track than more "respectable" methods of money transfer.

Cash is not more "shady" but MUCH more dangerous.  I don't deal in
*LARGE* cash transactions because I don't have any recourse if the
deal goes south.  Cash is also much more prone to theft, and is
generally harder to come by in large sums.  That said there *ARE*
advantages to cash (instant, less likely to screw the seller over [ie
seller delivers, buyer still disputes the charges],lower overhead [no
credit merchant accounts])

daniel