[geeks] bahahahaha.

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 11 09:15:23 CST 2001

Andrew Weiss wrote:

> > I just use my hand - I've got big Scottish hams on the end of my arm.
> > Besides, I don't think I could remove my belt fast enough, and manage to
> > keep my pants up at the same time...
>
> Yeah if the kid laughs at your pants falling down it kind of diffuses the
> punishment...picturing:... <Kurt reaches for kid...pants fall down... Kurt
> trips... kid laughs..."Och come here yoo"...."that's nau funny!" >

Hrm. Any attempt at punishing my daughter is met with a stoicism that
secretly makes me proud. She's 5 and a half, and sending her to her room
is pointless, and spanking means nothing to her. She laughs it off. I
admit I haven't used a belt, and don't plan to. The only thing that
works is threatening a grounding, as she really enjoys going to our
neighbor's house to play with their daughter. Realistically, though, as
soon as she figures out that she doesn't go over there as often in the
winter anyway since the days are so short, I'm not sure what'll make
enough of an impression on her to matter.

I'm stumped as to how to discipline her.

---sambo