[geeks] ARGH. KVMs

Bryan Fullerton geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 9 04:45:10 CST 2001

On Friday, December 7, 2001, at 11:02 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 10:01:49PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
>>   That's funny..."datacenter-grade kvms"...since kvms are used
>> primarily
>> with PeeCees, does that imply there are datacenter-grade PeeCees??
>
> As much as I hate to say it, the newer Compaq stuff is fairly nice...
>
> FOR WINDOWS BOXEN, THAT IS

Bought three new HP LP1000r 1U boxes (p3/933) at auction a month or so
ago. They're pretty nice, as x86 stuff goes. Also have some of the older
style 2U LPr's, which are also not bad, though they're _full_ cabinet
depth which can be a pain.

Bryan

--
Bryan Fullerton               http://bryanfullerton.com/
Core Competence               uunet.ca!gts!cspace!bryanf