[geeks] seeking 802.11 advice

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 7 16:44:14 CST 2001

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 05:05:33PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   Need some advice.  Can anyone recommend a good 802.11 bridge for
> medium- to high-volume applications?
>   Also, for 802.11 pcmcia cards...whose cards do you like and dislike?

Lucent/Wavelan/orinoco whatever they're called this week.  They're
the best.  Cisco Aironet as well.

I've got a client setup with Linksys "two antenna" access points and
a shitload of the Orinoco cards.

I wish I could remember the URL to that place that Ken posted that had the
Mailstations for sale; they had 2meg "silver" Wavelan cards for $60ish.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net