[geeks] cool webulation idea

Fogg, James geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 5 13:35:41 CST 2001

I had this idea and was wondering if I've been taking too many codeine
tablets (had a back injury from a car accident last week).

I thought it would be cool to build a website that showed the front panel of
a MITS Altair. Make the switches and lights really do something (by java or
whatever) and have it follow the function of the original machine. One could
program an Altair through the web. Since the Altair had no ascii or video
interface, it could perfectly emulate a real Altair.

But, how to emulate the 8080A logic. Is this info available now that the
8080 is 30 years old?