[geeks] Looking for Geeky Labware

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 3 13:04:24 CST 2001

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 10:59:35PM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
> > BTW - Provided no one has hacked my personal information I'm a Rat
> > Shack employee as of Wednesday.  From $50k to $5.25/hour plus
> > commision...humbling.
>
> but think.. woo.. EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT 8-)

I worked for Radio Shack back in 1990.  Actually, they were one of the
better employers.  At the time, with SPIF's and commissions I was making
about 5K more a year than I did when I took a "professional" job after
that.

If you're honest with people, and luck out with a good manager, it can be
an OK place.

-Pete