[geeks] Mac Quadra is up and running... Tee-hee!

Kurt Mosiejczuk geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 31 10:08:26 CDT 2001

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, David Cantrell wrote:

> I used to use a five button mouse when I was doing CAD work.  Very useful
> indeed.  That was on some kind of (I think) Apollo workstation.

I remember doing CAD back in highschool.  We had the cheapie 4-button
pucks.  (Not really cheap, but many professional CAD people have
16 or so buttons on their digitizer).

I think the thing most people don't understand about that many buttons
is that the person doing CAD is almost always using the mouse, so
they use the buttons as a mouse-shortcut to keyboard commands, or to avoid
moving to a different part of the digitizer.  This contrasts with people
like me who try and avoid mouse use with keyboard shortcuts...

--Kurt