[geeks] Databases

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 19:13:04 CDT 2001

MySQL is about to get perl stored procedures, but I don't see the need/use
for such a thing - I've been on the DB sidelines since IBM DB/2 2.3 (8 or so
years ago)...

Back then dynamic SQL was a big thing, and all teh good databases had
triggers that could be written (to impose complex relationships, enforce
data integrity, etc.)...

Why would I want stored procedures - this is an honest question, not a
retorical one?

Ken