[geeks] Cool Mac deals...

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 18:09:44 CDT 2001

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, Zach Malone wrote:

> "i've got a Quadra 630 w/ a Daystar PowerCard 601 upgrade card @ 100 MHz.
> warning - don't even think of leaving the '040 plugged in. not only will the
> system have conniptions, but if you haven't noticed by now, no matter what
> system you use; it overheats with both chips on. anyway"
> Quoted from http://www.macnn.com/contributions/osppcinstall.shtml
> Seems that this person also had a 601 upgraded Quadra which could have both
> processors left in.
>     Zach (Who is now waiting for an apology)

Keep waiting... WHile the PDS slot could support the Daystar 601, I do not
believe it was a supported upgrade.  I have the same card kicking around
in the closet, along withthe original Apple 601 card.  Both will go in the
PDS slot on the Q950 I have (It will dual-boot, as did the Q950 I had
years ago)...  If you can prove to me that the PDS card was actually
supported in the 630, I will indeed apologize.

Cheers,

_pete