[geeks] audiophiles?

Michael S. Schiller geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 08:59:47 CDT 2001

David:

I'm not a ham (but my brother is) but if I recall correctly, if you're VISITING
another country you can operate with your regular call sign, but if you MOVE to
another country you need to get licensed in that country. Now the question
is: Is there an international reciprocity whereby you turn in your old license
to get your new one?

-Mike

David Cantrell wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 01:36:45AM +0100, Chris Byrne wrote:
>
> > Actually I think it's about time to do another informal poll of the list
> > members for hams
>
> It's something that's on the to-do list.  I am awaiting a delivery of tuits.
>
> BTW, are licences transferrable from country to country?  eg, if I get my
> licence in .uk, does that permit me to operate in other countries as well,
> using the same Gsomething callsign?
>
> I know that people do do that - it's rather common to do that in Europe at
> least - but is it kosher?
>
> --
> David Cantrell | david at cantrell.org.uk | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david
>
>    Educating this luser would be something to frustrate even the
>    unflappable Yoda and make him jam a lightsaber up his arse
>    while screaming "praise evil, the Dark Side is your friend!".
>                               -- Derek Balling, in the Monastery

-Mike
*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *
*Email: schiller at agrijag.com       \|||/    http://www.agrijag.com *
*Voice: 423-625-6349               (o o)    FAX: 423-623-9054      *