[geeks] Careeer shifting

Wolfgang Engelien geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 24 12:01:41 CDT 2001

>Trying to look at their web site.  What does your lab do by the way?
Functional Neuroimaging - Identifying brain functions by
designing special cognitive tasks, measure them in an MRI
scanner with adapted sequences, computing the image and
behavioral data with some statistical and physiological
models. The database should be for all collected data and
help organizing the huge amount of image data (We will hit
the TB mark soon). At the moment its organized by the file
system structure and a bunch of staroffice-excel files...

>Postgres has long been on the cutting edge of Object Relation
>technology....For scientific useage, Postgres has many prewritten
>datatypes....There are also all sorts of biology datatypes....
>Also, Postgres is pretty well proven to be "safe"....Postgres has
>been free....it is still worth a look in my opinion, and it runs
>pretty nicely on older hardware.
Thanks Joshua, I will take a look.

>And not finally the Ovrimos web site has loaded, so I shall have to check
>it out.  Hmm, it looks decent, but I don't see anything that makes it
>stand out.  They license per connection, which I always found a pain,
>especially if they are going to try and say that you need an unlimited
>license for web serving.
As I understand it - they don't.

Thanks,
Wolfgang