[geeks] wow

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 24 11:03:48 CDT 2001

> 	That is pretty gutsy.  I hardly consider a set top box to watch
> friends and play mp3's the same as Hank Rearden's accomplishments in
> "Atlas Shrugged"!

A lot of places offer excessive bravado about how great their product will
be.  I just surprised that someone would be stupid enough to make that
comparison.  The cultural reference will mainly be caught by people who
don't buy into that type of hype, I would think, making it a rather
dangerous move.  But, maybe he thinks he has some ace up his sleave.  But,
for a home appliance, I doubt that there could be an ace big enough.

--
Joshua D. Boyd