[geeks] Careeer shifting

David Passmore geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 23 14:01:19 CDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 12:59:15PM -0400, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> I am in need of a career change, I have been kicking the idea of learning
> Oracle about and am wondering if this is indeed a good idea, or should I go
> stand on a corner panhandleing for bandwidth?

There is a reason why DBAs (like actuaries) are paid so much; it's one of
the two most boring jobs on EARTH (Actuarial work being #1).

Besides, if Oracle were worth a damn, there would be no need for dedicated
DBAs. Oh well. People who look for DBAs generally look for certifications,
so training is your best bet.

David