[geeks] Careeer shifting

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 23 13:22:38 CDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 12:59:15PM -0400, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> Any ideas on the best way to go about learning the beast? Are the schools a rip
> off? or should I trade all my computers in on an etch-a-scetch?

Becoming and etch a sketch artist has quite a bit of appeal.  However,
doing so probably goes hand in hand with beggin on the corner for
bandwidth (which might actually work in you neighborhood).

A lot of people have told me that the good Oracle schools are very worth
it.  It seems that Oracle is really hard to get running smoothly without a
lot of inside understanding.

Of course, the guy who told me this went to a school were getting your
Oracle certs were synonymous with getting your masters in database
administration.  IE, to get it you needed a bachelors, and to graduate,
among other things you had to pass the certs.

--
Joshua D. Boyd