[geeks] Re: rlogin for MacOS

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 23:29:30 CDT 2001

I got MI/X to work on my Win98 laptop (thanks!), but I
had one small problem - it seems it would leave a
program running after an error (program called error),
and that program would prevent the X Server from
coming up. Once I killed that, I was able to set the
config info (XDM IP Address, other little things)...

It was very cool to see the Solaris desktop displayed
wirelessly to my 802.11b laptop - in CDE I could get
all four sessions!

Of course, 800x600 has it's limitations...

But it all looked pretty good!

Thanks for the pointer - I used MI/X at my office
years ago (4 or 5 easy)...

Ken

--- Simeon Johnston <simeonuj at eetc.com> wrote:
> OK...
> MI/X works (Sorta. Seems to quit unexpectedly when
> it gets an error.
> Doesn't like to play w/ Netscape).

=====
Ken