[geeks] Re: rlogin for MacOS

Simeon Johnston geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 12:03:36 CDT 2001

OK...
MI/X works (Sorta. Seems to quit unexpectedly when it gets an error.
Doesn't like to play w/ Netscape).

This is the error I got on the rlogin screen when I tried to load swmgr.
 It at least tried to send stuff to the mac.  It's a start.

X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or
internal Xlib l
ength error)
  Major opcode of failed request:  72 (X_PutImage)
  Serial number of failed request:  938

I'm not sure I setup MI/X correctly.  Theres not much to setup though.
Maybe my res is too high?
BTW - It uses twm for window management.

Maybe VNC would be a better solution for this.
Does that work like XDM?  I'm fairly new to the *nix world and very very
new to the X world.  Most of my work involves a command line or MacOS.

I think I'm just generally confused about a lot of things.
:)

sim