[geeks] M$ crap == HUGE TCO and major headaches!

Greg A. Woods geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 19 14:20:38 CDT 2001

[ On Sunday, August 19, 2001 at 14:01:21 (-0500), Reagen B . Ward wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] M$ crap == HUGE TCO and major headaches!
>
> On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 02:57:14PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>
> > Too bad their "MyBooks" isn't multi-platform yet, though I see their
> > main accounting package is fully multi-platform.
>
> They're running a bit late on that.  I'm due to receive my copy when
> it's avail; it's all in Java, so it shouldn't take long.

Oh my goodness.... I'm sorry I asked.  Java applications are not for me.
What a waste of CPU.  I realy do not want to have to have a G4 or better
just to run accounting.  The 486sx25 in the basement should suffice for
the number of transactions we'll ever do, and if it doesn't then the
software is just not applicable.  Talk about BAD engineering!

> > THey don't mention payroll though, and even if they do have payroll I'll
> > bet they don't have a fully supported Canadian payroll module....
>
> Dunno.  Give them a call?  Or convert to Euro? :)

My partners might not mind going business in Euros....  :-)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>