[geeks] solaris 2.5.1/ppc cd found

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 17 19:50:25 CDT 2001

> I'm sortof in the same position,  for the time being.
> I have an ultra10and ultra60 but it's on an unfettered network.
> I still have to use exceed/ssh to get to a majority of our servers that
> are behind the firewall. And exchange(blah)  I'll be procuring another
> ultra10 soon and using a sunpci card for outlook.

I actually am in the opposite position.  I have a great Dell Inspiron 8000
laptop that my employer bought me when I started there.  It runs SuSE 7.2
and Windows 200 in dual boot.  At work, it runs SuSE - so that I can get
work done.  At home it runs Windows so that I can play (Tribes2, Half Life).

No Outlook - we're a service provider that does web-based email for large
organizations -  so we eat what we serve.

For word processing, we simply use whatever we have - and convert to Office
format if need be.  Only a handful of our computers were even ordered with
Office licenses :)  The CEO uses an iMac, and theres a good mix of Windows,
MacOS, OS-X, Linux, Solaris, BSD, and others.  Basically, whatever you want
to use to get the job done, and whatever you're comfortable using...

Of course, were not typical - I know.  Most of us have worked for
$HUGE_COMPANY, and some of us have even worked for $FUCKED_COMPANY - so
we,ve been around the block a few times and we know the score...

<plug_shameless = on>
That said, I'm currently looking for a sysadmin.  Our office is located in
Providence, RI.  Our website is www.bungo.com.  Use this email or my work
email - khuhn at bungo.com to contact me.  Pass this along to anyone you know
in the area that might be interested.
<plug_shameless = off>