[geeks] solaris 2.5.1/ppc cd found

Benjamin Kelley geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 17 18:06:01 CDT 2001

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 07:31:36PM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> > You use Windows at work? Ugh... You must feel *dirty*.
>
> Windows makes a *great* platform to do nothing other than
> SSH, eXceed (x server), etc, on.  Plus, I have to have
> Outlook (company email, ugh), visio, word, excel...
>
> P3-600Mhz makes a *great* "smart terminal".  99% of my
> work is done via SSH and X sessions to the "real computers".

I'm sortof in the same position,  for the time being.
I have an ultra10and ultra60 but it's on an unfettered network.
I still have to use exceed/ssh to get to a majority of our servers that
are behind the firewall. And exchange(blah)  I'll be procuring another
ultra10 soon and using a sunpci card for outlook.

BaNo