Is is me, or... (Re: [geeks] summary of my hack..)

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 17 07:32:45 CDT 2001

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> So, is it me, or are these script kiddie pukes kinda retarded?  I mean,
> they show none of the art that was true hacking, they just vandalize like
> a bunch of common taggers. (Real Graffiti is, IMO, an art form.)

Kinda? No, they are. The local 2600 group has come to the same conclusion;
the art of the hack is soiled by those script kiddies telling everyone
that they are hackers. No skill, just scripts.

It's a real comfort to see the 2600 folks here; most everywhere else I've
been in this town, the free-thinking computer enthusiast is not revered.
You're either tech support or nothing. The BOFH doesn't fit in. Guess it's
my mission to make one BOFH fit in. :)

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |