FBI? -was [geeks] More skript kiddiez

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 16 18:50:45 CDT 2001

>On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 05:02:49PM -0400, nick at snowman.net wrote:
>> Federation of brainless idiots?  Why.  They couldn't figure out who was
>> the criminal and who was the victim in that situation.

>Be careful what you say, you never know what some list members do/have
>done for a living.

>Reagen

If critisizing any branch of the government is something I have to "be
careful" about, then said agency(ies) have gone far beyond any reasonble
powers.

And, I have dealt with this on 3 occasions (the biggest was the opn DoS
war, which was bringing down a lot of open source companies) and the FBI
was remarkeably uninterested, noncommunicative, and basicly unhelpful
in all situations. I gathered that they are using agents who don't even
understand basic routing to "deal with internet crime".

hell- the one agent didn't even want to accept my traceroutes and logs
on the largest incident. (and I was acting officially as a uunet employee
at that time.)

-Christof