[geeks] Roll your own DSL

Mike Dombrowski geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 16:29:22 CDT 2001

>> Mike asked:
>> > I talked to our local phone co about this a year or so ago and
they
>> > basically said it couldn't be done. Usually what you want is an
"Alarm

>> Legally I thought they *had* to offer alarm loops.
>>

>They do.  Finding a salestroll who has a clue on what you're talking
about
>is an entirely different matter.

Hrm, time to look into that again then. Last time I checked no one had
a clue what I was talking about. I got the number of the regional
engineer for Ameritech who told me there was no such thing and that
they'd have to run a new cable in order to do it. He then said to talk
to the power company about running stuff on the poles.

Mike