[geeks] The Xbox will be delayed going into production (hence fewer avail able @ release), and thats *good* for Microsoft?

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 15:04:58 CDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 04:01:19PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> <quote>
> Although any delay or product shortage might be a public-relations black eye, it wouldn't hurt Microsoft's financial results much, analysts said. In fact, since Microsoft initially will lose about $100 on each Xbox sold, a delay would actually improve its earnings and profit margins, two analysts noted.
> </quote>

That's pretty much the way all consoles are, or so they claim.  I know a
certain video game shop owner who has quite a few things to say on the
topic.  He still hasn't forgiven Nintendo for getting him to host a Killer
Instint party his expense, then only shipping him one copy of the game,
while the local toy stores got lots of copys.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
http://www.cs.millersville.edu/~jdboyd/