[geeks] News server access

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 12:48:29 CDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 10:08:18AM -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, David Cantrell wrote:
> > How does it deal with evil protocols like ftp and irc?
> I find ftp less evil in that when it was created, NAT
> was just not something that was done.

I suppose the same applies pretty much to irc.

> Or, do you have other reasons to think ftp is evil?

It strikes me as being somewhat inefficient to use two channels, but
other than that, no.  Plenty of *implementations* of it are evil.
<cough> wu-ftpd </cough>

   Educating this luser would be something to frustrate even the
   unflappable Yoda and make him jam a lightsaber up his arse
   while screaming "praise evil, the Dark Side is your friend!".
                              -- Derek Balling, in the Monastery