[geeks] News server access

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 10:48:20 CDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 10:52:02AM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> Err, shared internet access and mail serving (especially if using esmtp or
> the like) is a far cry different from running web servers.

And I know plenty of companies using a 128K isdn line for mail,
web surfing, *and* running their company's web server.

What makes you people think that you *have* to have a T1 or DSL
to get things done?  Do you not remember people having 56k lines
either?

There was life before broadband, and it still exists.  Keep in
mind that broadband connections are *not* that widespread - most
of us are just lucky to live somewhere that has them.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net