[geeks] News server access

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 08:56:22 CDT 2001

Verizon didn'toffer unlimited time on an ISDN line, but they offered
discounted minutes when you pre-paid. The highest option (IIRC) had you
pre-pay for a *nearly* complete month (some months are shorter, some are
longer).

ISDN, DSL, and T1 are all targeted at different markets:

    ISDN is dynamic, can terminate at any compliant ISDN line, and charged
per-minute in some locations.

    DSL is fixed-price, and can only termiante in the CO.

    T1 is a fixed point-to-point solution.

T1 and ISDN can be gotten *most* anywhere, DSL has geographic limitations.

Ken