[geeks] News server access

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 07:53:42 CDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 07:36:17AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 08:23:55AM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> > ISDN is still dial-up, and is not suitable for running servers IME.
>
> I know lots of customers who would argue with you about that who
> dont have the luxury of DSL, cablemodem, or even T-1..

I was going to ask you how they dealt with the per minute charges, but
then I remebered that SBC doesn't have them.  But that does remind
me.  Bell Atlantic used to have a plan where they charged you more per
month, but totally did away with the metering.  Does anyone else remeber
that?  If so, does Verizon still offer this?  Unfortunatly, it looks like
Verizons ISDN business service is meant for people who can't get DSL, not
for people who don't want to save on not getting a T1.  It looks like they
don't do static IPs over ISDN.  But, other ISPs might...

--
Joshua D. Boyd
http://www.cs.millersville.edu/~jdboyd/