[geeks] News server access

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 20:14:59 CDT 2001

Once your DSL line gets to the CO, it shares a T1 (or greater) link to the
Internet - if folks use more than their fair share of the Internet
connection, then Verizon needs to use additional network elements to support
their DSL subscribers, instead of renting them to paying cusomers.

If we all "run a newsfeed sucker just on principle" they will institute
throttles to limit access to enforce sharing...

I really don't want that, and 600K @ $40/month is a nice deal...

Ken