[geeks] News server access

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 15:39:16 CDT 2001

Brian Hechinger wrote:

> from what it sounds like, they were trying to build a frame-relay type cloud
> using Ts and such to connect to it.  sounds rather nasty to me.  and definetly

Nasty, yes.

> nope.  if it isn't available in your area, that's because either you live too
> far away from the CO in which case you are screwed, or that no-one has put a
> DSLAM in you local CO yet.  no DSLAM == no DSL.  SO.  the flip side of that is

Right, I knew this part. I thought, like you, that once the DSLAM was
in, anyone could get to you. Apparently not, though.

> hope that makde sense.

Yep, thanks. What I wonder is about the deal I'm on. Covad pulled the
line, yet charm.net subs my service through core. What kind of bizarre
three-way do they have going on? And the Covad guy who pulled the line
TOLD me Core blows donkeys.

<shrug>

---sambo