[geeks] News server access

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 16:37:57 CDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 12:16:44PM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> > I do hate that Verizon advertises as always being on.  They are not always
> > on.  I frequently have to go disconnect then redial.
>
> i think that has to do with the fact that you are using verizon for you DSL
> service.  they have a hard enough getting phones working right and they've been
> doing that for a REALLY REALLY long time, what chance to they have with some-
> thing new like DSL? *evil grin*

That is exactly the argument I give against using Telewest in .uk, but does
anyone pay attention? Do they fuck.  So I laugh when it all goes horribly
horribly wrong for the poor souls who use them.

Mind you, whilst Telewest are utterly incompetent, I do still like them,
mainly because they were soooo incompetent that they decided not to bill
me and $flatmate for six months for either phone or cable TV service.  They
only realised when we phoned to cancel the service.  They tried to bill us
but we declined to pay due to them not delivering the contracted service
(they really were shit, but hey, even a slightly crap service for free is
something I won't argue with).

Telewest do seem to be able to do cable TV, which is a good thing.  I can't
live without my cable.

In other news, my curry just arrived.  They appear to have delivered not
only what I ordered but a completely different order too.  This is good,
cos I only paid for my stuff and I get a free curry breakfast tomorrow.
Yay!

   Educating this luser would be something to frustrate even the
   unflappable Yoda and make him jam a lightsaber up his arse
   while screaming "praise evil, the Dark Side is your friend!".
                              -- Derek Balling, in the Monastery