[geeks] News server access

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 11:19:18 CDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 12:05:18PM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 04:44:19PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> > I've had to do that once, because of a network upgrade.  #include std_grumble_
> > about_ISP_not_telling_me_in_advance
>
> cause all ISPs suck.  and the ones that don't suck are going out of business.

Actually, mine doesn't suck (modulo the above, which really was very unusual
for them) and they are profitable.  I keep telling the directors they're
doing something wrong and will never earn their numijahor medals that way,
but they don't listen, and instead they do crazy things like deliver the
service I've paid for and have customer service worthy of the name.  I
dunno, it'll never catch on.

Yes, they are a small privately held company, how did you guess?

Do not be afraid of cooking, as your ingredients will know and misbehave
   -- Fergus Henderson