[geeks] News server access

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 12 12:38:41 CDT 2001

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 01:04:22PM -0400, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a decent news server that is either free or very cheap?
> Someplace I can both post and read news from?

news.cis.dfn.de.  You'll need to register for an account, but it's free
to use.  I can't remember how or where you register, but it's trivially
easy.

If you want to pay, and want to get alt groups which dfn don't carry (they
carry all the ones I want though) then it may be worth using supernews.

   Educating this luser would be something to frustrate even the
   unflappable Yoda and make him jam a lightsaber up his arse
   while screaming "praise evil, the Dark Side is your friend!".
                              -- Derek Balling, in the Monastery