[geeks] Trade an HP for RS/6k?

Tim Harrison geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 11 18:17:39 CDT 2001

Hey folks.

I've got a Hewlett-Packard Apollo 9000 720 workstation with 1 x 50Mhz
PA-RISC processor, 8 x 4MB 30pin SIMMs, 1 x 425M SCSI drive, and 1 x
24-bit framebuffer (I think... it's never been hooked up so I can't
guarantee it) sitting here, with HP-UX 8.05 on it (presently hangs on
bootup -- I think the last thing I did was comment out lpd, and it
started acting strangely).  I'm looking to get a small RS/6000 (maybe a
250?) to play with AIX on.  Anyone willing to trade?  I also have a few
other gadgets lying around that I could throw in.  Maybe an IBM 3196
Display Station or two (complete with the nifty little "Problem Solving
Guide" :)).

Drop me a line if you have anything in mind.

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer
harrison at timharrison.com