[geeks] 3Com Audrey on sale at tigerdirect.com

Mike Hebel geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 11 10:31:50 CDT 2001

KH> I just ordered two, because if nothing else, I can use one to sync between
KH> two different Palms (Mr. and Mrs.). Cost aprox. $100 incl S/H

KH> See
KH> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=m97
KH> 5-9000&SRCCODE=WEBE10807

KH> Includes a 56K modem for dial-up access, has USB and a 3Com USB <-> Ethernet
KH> adapter ($40 from tigerdirect) can put it on your home network!

*sigh* I _really_ need to find a job.

KH> tigerdirect.com - also, there has been some hack activity to get at the
KH> soft, chewy QNX core of the OS

The QNX people have been _very_ friendly towards anyone wanting to
work with their OS and even have been known to give instructions on
getting to the "console" of their OS.  They even have the OS available
for download for i386.  As for the hactivity - the I-Opener hackers
probably have the best info - http://www.google.com/search?q=i-opener+hacks+qnx

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a Linux port to it a few months
from now. ;-)

Mike Hebel                          mailto:drone8of9 at crosswinds.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc