[geeks] Damn, dual head is nice...

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 10 12:18:44 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 12:47:46PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> I am testing an SS/20, and on a lark I threw in two 4 Meg VSIMMs and a
> secondary video card, installed Solaris 8, tweaked the
> /usr/dt/config/Xservers file (following the example at the bottom of the
> file for dual head operation), and rebooted.
>
> Suddenly, my second monitor sprung to life!

WOO!!

> Then a desktop appeared. a complete, seperate CDE session (nearly), with 4
> seperate sessions on the display...
> That is nice! 8^P

i've got an SX and two GX cards driving my three tubes.  it rules.  4 virtual
desktops per screen? HUGE workarea. :) (olvwm, not that icky CDE crud)

> Now, I'll VTS test the 9 Gig SGI SCA drive - it seems to work fine as a boot
> device now...

man, i need to get my SSA working, THEN i'll be a happy boy. :)

-brian (who's gonna end up using RAID 3/5 instead of 0+1 unless he gets more
	drives to balance out his array with)