[geeks] ADMINISTRIVA: Support

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 9 10:47:27 CDT 2001

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Pages are too dynamic right now to do a site mirror.  I found a major
> problem yesterday, and fixed it - a site @ auburn.edu was mistakenly
> running a ht:dig against the entire mailing list archives twice (or
> more) a day due to a bad configuration.  I contacted them and they
> fixed it; we'll see how it helps.  (they'd made almost a million hits
> to the site in the past 30 days).

Doh! Do I need to drive down and LART the kids? I'm not familiar with
ht:dig, but I am with wget and mirror. How does it compare? (I'm guessing
poorly if it's not looking for 301s.)

> However, I still do pay for all bandwidth and hosting out of my own
> pocket, so any support of any kind is welcome. 8-)  Right now the
> mailing lists average about 500 meg/day, while the web server averages
> about 250.

Remind me in a month, when I have a job... :) (Seriously -- SunHELP is
damn useful.)

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |