[geeks] Three heads

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 7 17:22:49 CDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 04:33:56PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:

> If ebay made you sign (pen and paper) a written agreement to treat all
> bids as legally binding, then they would have a stronger position, but
> currently, they don't.

A signature on a piece of paper is not necessary to make a contract.
Contracts can be verbal, for example.  The difficulty comes when you
try to prove in court that the contract ever existed.

BTW, digital signatures have legal basis (that is, the courts will
treat them as if they were pen and ink signatures) in most of the EU.
I laugh at you silly backward Americans and your brownouts and analogue
phone switches :-)

   Educating this luser would be something to frustrate even the
   unflappable Yoda and make him jam a lightsaber up his arse
   while screaming "praise evil, the Dark Side is your friend!".
                              -- Derek Balling, in the Monastery