[geeks] Three heads

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 7 15:33:56 CDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 03:20:54PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 04:09:07PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> > It is a contract, but how do you know it is a legal one?
>
> http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-user.html
>
> See 5.2:
>
> Listing and Selling.

Yes, I read that the last time it changed.

But it still doesn't address some fundamental issues.  Such as, just
clicking something isn't considered legally binding at this time (although
bills keep coming up in congress from time to time about addressing this).

If ebay made you sign (pen and paper) a written agreement to treat all
bids as legally binding, then they would have a stronger position, but
currently, they don't.  Thus, people just leave feedback rather than going
to small claims court when bidders are deadbeats, or sellers refuse to
sell at the winning price.

IANAL of course, but this is still my understanding.

--
Joshua D. Boyd