[geeks] Three heads

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 7 09:01:18 CDT 2001

Some people use two drawer file cabinets to support
such make-shift desks.

One thought I have always wondered about would be to
get some surplus cubicle parts and assemble a
workspace in my basement using those pieces, of course
the requirements would look like this:

   - Low-cost
   - Easy to assemble
   - 30" desktop/worksurface
   - L-shaped at a minimum
   - overhead shelf might be nice
   - ample cable cutouts
   - decent looking
   - low-cost ;^)

I suspect the real problems would be the assembly and
30" desktop/worksurface - I think used cubicles are
quite affordable...

Any one have any exp. with modular office furniture in
the home?

Thanks,

Ken

--- Kris Kirby <kris at catonic.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, joshua d boyd wrote:
> > A door also works well (what I use).
>
> This might not be a bad idea, but I'll have to get
> an exterior door; there
> is *no* way that anything less will be able to
> support my massive 20"
> monitor. My desk at work used to sag a little in the
> middle from the 20"
> and 17"; it was an average desk, but those were not
> average monitors. :)
>
> Are you using saw horses for support or what? I'd be
> really buggered if
> someone bumped my "table" and everything fell in the
> floor.
>
> Something else I haven't pointed out is that an old
> 20" monitor generates
> a good deal of heat. I don't have much by the way of
> A/C at the moment.
>
> -----
> Kris Kirby, KE4AHR          | TGIFreeBSD... 'Nuff
> said.
> <kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |

=====
Ken