[geeks] Free Macs

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 19:48:14 CDT 2001

ok, these are for PICK UP ONLY.  I WILL NOT SHIP THEM.  although i may be
convinced to deliver them if:

a) you don't live that far away
b) you have something cool to trade.

Things i'm interested in:
  anything VAX or PDP related
  DECstation 5000/2xx memory
  anything that requires a huge truck to move

Things i'm not interested in:
  PC crap
  Mac crap

ok, now that that is out of the way, i have the following available:

6 - 5200/75LC
1 - LC 580
1 - Performa 575 -1
1 - LC II

With the exception of the LC II, all these macs have an ethernet card in them.

2 - HP DeskWriter 600
1 - HP DeskWriter 660C
5 - HP DeskWriter 680C
1 - Apple StyleWriter II

also, non mac stuff:

5 - DECstation 5000/200
2 - DECstation 5000/133
1 - DECstation 5000/125
10(ish) - DEC Storage Expansion

the DECstation 5000/200 boxes have no memory or disks.  the /133 and /125
machines have no disks, and i think each one has 32MB RAM.  i have a handful
of 5.25" mounting dealies for the storage expansion boxes, although not enough
for all of them.

everything is first come (email and arrangements to come get them) first serve.

I'm located in Allentown, PA

all of the 5260/100 boxes have been spoken for already (woo!!!) but this is
only the first "shipment" and i should be getting more (50-60) systems at some
other point in the future and i will post a list of what i have gotten.

these must go by then end of the year when i move at which point they will be
dumpstered if they haven't been rescued.  i won't ebay them since i refuse to
ship these things.  they are not worth my time and efford to do so.

cheers,

-brian