[geeks] Favorite mailer

Andrew Sydelko geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 16:49:21 CDT 2001

) [ On Friday, August 3, 2001 at 14:49:35 (-0500), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
) > Subject: Re: [geeks] Favorite mailer
) >
) > Why not just "more /var/spool/mail/jboyd" ?
)
) I know a very successful and incredibly intelligent guy who's a super
) programmer, amazing unix wiz, masterful securty expert, but who really
) literally did read his e-mail only that way.  (well he used "less",
) IIRC, and he may do so to this day -- I should ask his personal
) assistant again one of these days....)

I generally tend to use nmh to read my mail but if I
have something in my inbox that I want to leave there
until I have time to work on it, I use 'less /var/mail/sydelko'
to read my mail. Or if I just want to read the last
message in my inbox real quickly.

--andy.