[geeks] Favorite mailer

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 15:14:40 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 02:49:35PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:40:15PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> > Don't you people know the proper way to send and read email?  telnet
> > baby.  Telnet mail 25 for send and telnet mail 119 for recieve.
>
> You read mail via NNTP?
>
> bash-2.03$ grep 119 /etc/services
> nntp            119/tcp         usenet          # Network News Transfer
>
> You *are* a sicko.
>
> (I'm guessing you meant 110, POP3)

Yeah, I hit send sooner than I meant to.

> Why not just "more /var/spool/mail/jboyd" ?

Hmm.  File not found.  Maybe you meant /var/mail/jdboyd, or perhaps this
IPC/SS5 is just wierdly setup.

Anyway, more assumes that you have shell access.  And in my case I
do.  However my dad doesn't have to verizon.net, so he would have to
telnet port 110.

--
Joshua D. Boyd