[SunHELP] SS5 headaches

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 05:19:38 CST 2017

Okay, this SS5 is playing hard to get...

I replaced the IDPROM with the recommended unit (thanks, Peter for the
help) and it seemed to do the job.

Now I have found the next issue, when Solaris tries to init the framebuffer
it fails dead and locks the whole computer. Hard. No keyboard response at
all.

Now initially I suspected the S24 was faulty so I swapped it for a good old
SBus TGX1 cgsix framebuffer card I had spare. Does the same damn thing...

This isn't looking promising. Going to boot it headless on the VT and see
what that does.

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog