[SunHELP] updating zones after installcluster to inactive BE

Richie listmail at triad.rr.com
Thu Jan 17 09:00:20 CST 2013

On a test box I created a new BE and ran installcluster -B
s10u10_CPU2013-01 --s10patchset

The new BE came up fine, but I forgot about implications of having a
non-global zone.  I currently see a process "zoneadmd -z myzone -R
/.alt.orig" which implies the old/original BE is mounted. I'm aware the
old BE get mounted on new BE bootup so that lu can do some sort of a
sync.  This has been out there for a while and i'm not sure if it is
hung or waiting for me to do something.

Is there something I need to do so the old BE gets unmounted and to
ensure the updates get applied to the zone?

I took this approach (instead of a zone detach and later reattach with
-u option) in order to minimize downtime.

TIA