[SunHELP] Sun E450 serial console problem

Mikhail Emelchenkov iam at soaw.com
Thu Dec 19 14:40:16 CST 2013

Hello!

Recently I have bought Sun E450 and it seems serial port not working:
1. I tried to connect USB-to-Serial, and got some garbage output in
terminal, and this garbage are the same each time I power on the machine or
run test (right key state). 9600 8n1.
2. I tried to connect real cable DB25-to-DB9, no output in terminal at all.

So I have a question: is there any way to fix the broken port? Are there any
other things I should try to get serial port working?

Mikhail Emelchenkov :: Entrepreneur :: http://soaw.com