[SunHELP] problem with net-installing a sun ultra 60

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Thu Apr 18 02:00:46 CDT 2013

Hi Mark

Sorry, yes always forget the 512 byte business. The early Sun SCSI drives
required the jumper, but they introduced a patch to update the firmware which
did away with the need for the jumper change.

Peter
---------------------------
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services
Tel: 01636 627990
Mbl: 07977 532320

On 18 Apr 2013, at 07:28, Mark Benson <markbenson at mac.com> wrote:

> On 18 Apr 2013, at 07:13, Peter Stokes wrote:
>
>> Never tried to setup non Sun as boot host, simple thing may be to
>> beg/borrow/Buy DVD for the U60, any SCSI one should be ok.
>
> FYI it needs to be a drive capable of 512 byte/block operation to boot a
Sun