[SunHELP] Changing hard drives SunOS 4.1.1 Sun4c

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Apr 15 08:05:12 CDT 2013

" From: Peter Stokes <peter at ashlyn.co.uk>
"
" Hi Fredric
"
" Just to confirm previous poster, 2Gb filesystems is your max (this is all from
" memory, so feel free to correct me). 8 slices per disk, so max usable is 16Gb
" per disk. I never used disksuite on this O/S so not sure if that would extend
" (version of Veritas?).

disksuite 1 patched the kernel to allow larger slices, but still only
8 of them.  i remember it was released for 4.1.3 and the install
script had to be patched to install on 4.1.4.  disksuite 2 and up were
for solaris 2.

there was a version of veritas, but that was another product.

but this is tangential to fred's issue, i think.  he probably
doesn't need a 'large' [in sunos4 terms] disk.  it is getting harder
to find drives that aren't 'large', though.

" From: Brad Walker <bwalker at musings.com>
"
"