[SunHELP] Where to buy Sun PSU fans?

Vintage Coder vintagecoder at aol.com
Mon Jul 11 09:38:29 CDT 2011

Hi guys, I have a couple of faulted V210 PSUs and from what I can tell, the only thing wrong is a bearing failure on one of the fans. According to the doc I found on Sun Shack and elsewhere, the fans are not designated FRU. It seems ridiculous to have to trash perfectly good PSUs because of what should be a five dollar fan. Does anybody have experience with this? Can this part be ordered separately or do I have to find somebody parting out similar servers?

Thanks.