[SunHELP] redhat 5 / emc disk ?

listmail listmail at triad.rr.com
Sat Jan 23 12:11:01 CST 2010

I haven't used linux with our EMC arrays but the first thing I would do
is check EMC certify on powerlink.  You should be able to select the
array, OS, hba model, etc and have it produce a report on what hba
firmware, patches, driver settings and kernel settings are recommended
for use with the specific array.  I don't see any output here so did you
have something like 1 physical device path and 8 pseudo paths or
something?  It could be coming in from the kernel or multipath (which I
have not used) not sure.  Is it a dev box where you could temporarily
remove multipath?  Just some ideas.

Sorry if my response seems generic or obvious :)