[SunHELP] Sol10 recommended patch-cluster - boot-panic on SunSparc-UltraAX-MP after installation

Michael Karl mk at lexcom-net.de
Tue May 12 10:43:07 CDT 2009

Hello,

I tried the last days/weeks many things ... nothing was helping.

Last Thursday I got the disaster ... we lost in the afternoon three
times the power for everything in our house more than 15 minutes.

During the first lost of power the UPSs had worked fine ... but one hour
later during second lost of power every server had crashed.

On last Friday I 'd made two hard mistakes ... after booting the
UltraAXmp I had to do a fsck (ok ... on the wrong disk) ... I'd done
this, but rebooted the first-disk ... ok same error ... fsck on the
first disk, everything was working ... and then in panic I mad my second
strange error ... metasync in the wrong way :-( My Last Friday ...
Murphys Law ... after my 49th birthday on last Thursday.

And now I have to install a fresh Solaris 10, because I have  a 2.9 TB
Hardware-RAID5 with zfs ... the zfs-filesystem can't be corrupted,
because I'd made a normal power-shutdown via web-interface after the
first lost of power.

The actual solaris10-cd's or opensolaris-cd's are not bootable for this
UltraAXmp ... error as discribed.

So I tried yesterday my old sol10-cd ... first cd is booting well, but
during installalation I got many read-errors on second cd ...
installation failed.

Now I'm looking for solaris10-cd-images earlier then 2009 ... but I
don't find them ... ok ... I'm thinking, I have them on my ZFS-RAID :-(

Any hints ... links ... maybe to an university ... something like that ?

thanks in advance

Michael

BTW. It's my home-office ... but I'm out-of-order since January 2007 ...
I had four operations in the last 16 month ... now I need your help.